A CBI special court on Thursday rejected an application moved by Ishrat Jahan encounter case accused IPS officers G L Singhal and D G Vanzara (retired). They had sought previous statements of witnesses in the case recorded by Gujarat High Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) and Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch.
Singhal’s lawyer Brijrajsinh Jhala said that special CBI judge Gita Gopi rejected the application saying that since Gujarat High Court hailed that DCB’s FIR was fake, there is no need to furnish previous statements of the witnesses.
These witnesses are the policemen who gave statements against their own colleagues before the CBI investigators. However, their previous statements before SIT were different from what they told the CBI. In fact, these witnesses were shown as accused in the encounter case by SIT.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“These statements are important for our case. The CBI witnesses have given contradictory statements in the past. We will appeal against the order in the High Court,” Jhala said.
The CBI has cited names of retired DSPs DH Goswami, KM Vaghela, former Ahmedabad Police Commissioner KR Kaushik, police inspector Bharat Patel among others. In the FIR lodged by SIT these cops were shown as accused but they turned witnesses before the CBI.