A CBI special court on Thursday rejected an application moved by Ishrat Jahan encounter case accused IPS officers G L Singhal and D G Vanzara (retired). They had sought previous statements of witnesses in the case recorded by Gujarat High Court-appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) and Ahmedabad Detection of Crime Branch.
Singhal’s lawyer Brijrajsinh Jhala said that special CBI judge Gita Gopi rejected the application saying that since Gujarat High Court hailed that DCB’s FIR was fake, there is no need to furnish previous statements of the witnesses.
These witnesses are the policemen who gave statements against their own colleagues before the CBI investigators. However, their previous statements before SIT were different from what they told the CBI. In fact, these witnesses were shown as accused in the encounter case by SIT.
“These statements are important for our case. The CBI witnesses have given contradictory statements in the past. We will appeal against the order in the High Court,” Jhala said.
The CBI has cited names of retired DSPs DH Goswami, KM Vaghela, former Ahmedabad Police Commissioner KR Kaushik, police inspector Bharat Patel among others. In the FIR lodged by SIT these cops were shown as accused but they turned witnesses before the CBI.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More