- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Is this the funniest video on Indian elections? We think so
The 2014 elections have thrown up quite a few spoof videos, some venting the frustration at India’s political class, others just lampooning the biggest names in the race. But none have been as funny as this video by British comedian and political satirist John Oliver.
But no, he is not going against Narendra Modi or Rahul Gandhi. In fact, the video give it to the American media for their take, or the lack of it, on the Indian election. And of course, he draws a parallel between the media of the two large democracies with hilarious results.