“Is Prime Minister a God that he should give us darshan” once in a while, Congress leader in the Lok Sabha Mallikarjun Kharge remarked sending the members into peals of laughter on Wednesday.
The poser by Kharge was in response to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s dig at him over his remarks on Tuesday that Narendra Modi should show his face in Parliament at least once a week.
Swaraj said since he made the complaint on Tuesday, the Prime Minister was in the House during Question Hour and “you had his darshan”. Pat came the reply from Kharge whether “the Prime Minister is God to give occassional darshan”.
“The Prime Minister should show his face, at least, once in a week. I do not expect him to come here every day. After the Budget Session, he did not come to the House,” Kharge had said on Tuesday.
Swaraj earlier took a swipe at Kharge noting that Manmohan Singh had gone to five BRICS summits as Prime Minister but did not give any statement to Parliament even once.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Only once the External Affairs Minister had made a statement, she said, adding the new government was setting up a new tradition by giving a statement on the Prime Minister’s visit to Brazil to participate in the sixth BRICS summit.
Kharge said though Swaraj was competent and articulate, the House would have liked the Prime Minister to make the statement.
On Congress leader’s dig that the Prime Minister did not take her to the BRICS summit, Swaraj said if the Budget session of Parliament was not on, then she would have gone with the Prime Minister to the summit.