The IRCTC has constituted a fact- finding team to inquire into the Maharashtra Sadan incident after a report in The Indian Express of Shiv Sena MPs force-feeding a Muslim catering worker fasting during Ramzan.
The IRCTC has also asked the committee to submit its report in three days.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The committee comprises Amitabh Nigam, Group General Manager of Departmental Catering Service, and Maitreyi Brahma, Group General Manager of HRD, an official said.
The incident involved a group of around 11 Shiv Sena MPs who were apparently angry over not being served Maharashtrian food and allegedly forced a Muslim catering supervisor who was fasting for Ramzan to eat a chapati at the new Maharashtra Sadan here last week.
The catering service in Maharashtra Sadan is run by IRCTC and Arshad, the supervisor is an employee of the corporation.
After the incident, IRCTC suspended the service in the Sadan in protest. It has also complained to the Maharashtra Resident Commissioner of hurting religious sentiments of the staffer.
“We will decide the future course of action after receiving the report,” the official said.
Currently, IRCTC is providing catering service at Shastri Bhawan, Writers Building and offices of other ministries including Finance and Defence.
The incident has caused outrage and a huge uproar in Parliament and outside amid demands for action against the MPs involved.