The IRCTC has constituted a fact- finding team to inquire into the Maharashtra Sadan incident after a report in The Indian Express of Shiv Sena MPs force-feeding a Muslim catering worker fasting during Ramzan.
The IRCTC has also asked the committee to submit its report in three days.
The committee comprises Amitabh Nigam, Group General Manager of Departmental Catering Service, and Maitreyi Brahma, Group General Manager of HRD, an official said.
The incident involved a group of around 11 Shiv Sena MPs who were apparently angry over not being served Maharashtrian food and allegedly forced a Muslim catering supervisor who was fasting for Ramzan to eat a chapati at the new Maharashtra Sadan here last week.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The catering service in Maharashtra Sadan is run by IRCTC and Arshad, the supervisor is an employee of the corporation.
After the incident, IRCTC suspended the service in the Sadan in protest. It has also complained to the Maharashtra Resident Commissioner of hurting religious sentiments of the staffer.
“We will decide the future course of action after receiving the report,” the official said.
Currently, IRCTC is providing catering service at Shastri Bhawan, Writers Building and offices of other ministries including Finance and Defence.
The incident has caused outrage and a huge uproar in Parliament and outside amid demands for action against the MPs involved.