Over 50 families from across Punjab have contacted a control room set up by the state government to collect details about those stranded in trouble-torn Iraq.
“The state-wide campaign launched by Punjab government to seek details from the families regarding Punjabis stuck in Iraq showed a tremendous response with over 50 families approaching 24×7 Punjab Civil Control Room giving the details about their relatives in the country,” a spokesman said here on Thursday.
The Punjab government is sharing all the details with External Affairs Ministry to ensure safe evacuation of the Punjabis from the trouble-torn nation.
Meanwhile, district administration is also approaching all such families assuring them full support of the state government, the spokesman said.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and NRI Affairs Minister Tota Singh are in constant touch with Ministry of External Affairs for co-ordinating for safe retrieval of Punjabis from Iraq, the spokesman said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Tota Singh, in an official statement here, said Badal is camping in Delhi and is in constant touch with the Prime Minister Office and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to make arrangements for safe return of Punjabis.
The minister appealed to the people to give the full details to control room about the Punjabis including the name, telephone number in Iraq, firm/company in which he was working and location where he is stuck.
He said the information can be provided at 0172-2740397 and at 0172-2740035, besides the fax number 0172-2740936.
The spokesman said that relatives should also provide their telephone numbers so that the government could inform them regarding the safety and well being of their relatives at Iraq.
He said as internet services are still working in Iraq so Punjabis stuck there should also use this medium to contact the Punjab government.