Over 50 families from across Punjab have contacted a control room set up by the state government to collect details about those stranded in trouble-torn Iraq.
“The state-wide campaign launched by Punjab government to seek details from the families regarding Punjabis stuck in Iraq showed a tremendous response with over 50 families approaching 24×7 Punjab Civil Control Room giving the details about their relatives in the country,” a spokesman said here on Thursday.
The Punjab government is sharing all the details with External Affairs Ministry to ensure safe evacuation of the Punjabis from the trouble-torn nation.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, district administration is also approaching all such families assuring them full support of the state government, the spokesman said.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and NRI Affairs Minister Tota Singh are in constant touch with Ministry of External Affairs for co-ordinating for safe retrieval of Punjabis from Iraq, the spokesman said.
Tota Singh, in an official statement here, said Badal is camping in Delhi and is in constant touch with the Prime Minister Office and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to make arrangements for safe return of Punjabis.
The minister appealed to the people to give the full details to control room about the Punjabis including the name, telephone number in Iraq, firm/company in which he was working and location where he is stuck.
He said the information can be provided at 0172-2740397 and at 0172-2740035, besides the fax number 0172-2740936.
The spokesman said that relatives should also provide their telephone numbers so that the government could inform them regarding the safety and well being of their relatives at Iraq.
He said as internet services are still working in Iraq so Punjabis stuck there should also use this medium to contact the Punjab government.