An Iranian PhD student at Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has alleged that the university sent her a showcause notice Monday as she approached the UGC in New Delhi with details of a sexual harassment complaint against her supervisor.
The notice comes five days after the UGC sent a letter to AMU asking it to comment on the girl’s complaint. The student alleged that this was the latest of the university’s attempts to make her withdraw the complaint.
The notice from the dean of the department says, “It is come to the knowledge of competent authority that you visited the UGC, New Delhi, on 10.07.2014 at 10.40 am.” It added that the student had not informed the proctor about her movement out of the city as per regulations and asked her to explain her actions.
University PRO Rahat Abrar admitted that the advisory about foreign students requiring to report to the proctor before leaving the town was released after she left Aligarh. “The Supervisor has been already suspended. The problem is that she is not cooperating with the inquiry.”
Without specifying a date, he said the sub-committee of the Committee Against Sexual Harassment and for Gender Sensitisation was to meet during the time she was away.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
On her part, the girl has provided this newspaper with a copy of a July 6 email to the chairman of her department, informing him that she would be out of Aligarh on July 7 and 8 “due to some confidential work involving police”.