An Iranian PhD student at Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) has alleged that the university sent her a showcause notice Monday as she approached the UGC in New Delhi with details of a sexual harassment complaint against her supervisor.
The notice comes five days after the UGC sent a letter to AMU asking it to comment on the girl’s complaint. The student alleged that this was the latest of the university’s attempts to make her withdraw the complaint.
The notice from the dean of the department says, “It is come to the knowledge of competent authority that you visited the UGC, New Delhi, on 10.07.2014 at 10.40 am.” It added that the student had not informed the proctor about her movement out of the city as per regulations and asked her to explain her actions.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
University PRO Rahat Abrar admitted that the advisory about foreign students requiring to report to the proctor before leaving the town was released after she left Aligarh. “The Supervisor has been already suspended. The problem is that she is not cooperating with the inquiry.”
Without specifying a date, he said the sub-committee of the Committee Against Sexual Harassment and for Gender Sensitisation was to meet during the time she was away.
On her part, the girl has provided this newspaper with a copy of a July 6 email to the chairman of her department, informing him that she would be out of Aligarh on July 7 and 8 “due to some confidential work involving police”.