Indian Premier League COO Sundar Raman on Thursday (June 19) corroborated Bollywood actress Preity Zinta’s claim that she had informed him about her May 30 spat with former boyfriend and industrialist Ness Wadia at the Wankhede Stadium, police said on Thursday.
The 39-year-old actress had filed a police complaint on June 12 night alleging she was molested by Wadia (44) at Wankhede stadium on May 30 when an IPL match was played between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings.
Wadia has termed the accusations as “false and baseless”.
“Sundar Raman’s statement was on Thursday recorded in BCCI’s office in connection with Preity Zinta case. The statement was affirmative. There was a mention by Raman in the statement that Zinta had verbally communicated to him about the spat with Ness Wadia on May 30,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police Ravindra Shisve.
The IPL Chief Operating Officer’s statement was recorded over an-hour-and-half, Shisve said, adding statements of six witnesses have been recorded so far, including that of a BCCI employee Ankit Baldi.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The witnesses were “affirmative” about the “incident having taken place”, the officer said without clarifying whether they were eyewitnesses to the happenings or divulging details of their statements.
In her written complaint to the police last Thursday, Zinta had alleged that Wadia publicly humiliated her on several occasions, including once at an IPL auction where Raman was present.
The actress had also claimed she had informed Raman about Ness’s behaviour during an IPL match on May 30.
The officer said CCTV footage examined by the police so far had not given any “substantial leads” as to what exactly happened between the two.
“We are seeking more CCTV footage from the BCCI and hope to get on Friday the footages from Sony which had telecast rights of the IPL,” Shisve added.
He said Ness Wadia, against whom Zinta has levelled charges of abusing and molesting her, will be called for questioning only after the actress has recorded her supplementary statement.
“Preity’s supplementary statement would be recorded this week and after that statements of some more witnesses would be recorded and then Ness Wadia would be called for questioning,” Shisve said.
Based on Zinta’s written complaint, Marine Drive police registered an FIR against Wadia under several sections of IPC relating to outraging the modesty of a woman and criminal intimidation.