The inter-ministerial group on coal blocks is likely to meet next week on the issue of bank guarantees related to 61 mines allocated to companies such as ArcelorMittal, Tata Steel and Jindal Steel and Power.
It will be the IMG’s first meeting since the new government has taken charge last month after the general elections.
Piyush Goyal has been appointed Minister of State (Independent Charge) for coal, power and new & renewable energy.
“The IMG (Inter-Ministerial Group) under the Chairmanship of Additional Secretary coal will be held on June 10…to undertake the review of the issue of bank guarantee of the coal blocks which were reviewed in the 24th meeting,” according to meeting notice.
Some of the coal blocks reviewed in the February 7-8 meeting are Moitra mine allocated to Jayaswal Neco Ltd, Seregarha mine jointly alloted to ArcelorMittal and GVK Power, Ganeshpur mine jointly alloted to Tata Steel and Adhunik Power and Natural Resources Ltd and Jitpur block allocated to JSPL.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The Coal Ministry had in February decided to deallocate around 30 coal of companies like JSPL, AreclorMittal and Sterlite Energy for delays in developing the mines allocated to them for captive use.
It followed the IMG recommendations which had suggested the deallocation of mines.
The panel on coal blocks had reviewed the progress of development of 61 coal blocks.
The panel also reviewed 10 coal blocks of companies including JSPL, Tata Steel and JSW Steel and gave them 8-9 months to obtain stage II forest clearances.