Railways on Monday ordered an inquiry into the Gorakhdham train mishap in Uttar Pradesh and announced compensation for the next of the kin of those killed and the injured.
“An inquiry has been ordered into the incident,” Chairman Railway Board Arunendra Kumar told PTI, adding, the exact cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.
The inquiry would be conducted by the Commissioner of Railway Safety, North East Circle, P K Bajpayee, who will be visiting the accident site.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Railways have declared a compensation of Rs one lakh for the next of the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 for those with grievous injuries and Rs 10,000 for passengers with simple injuries.
Kumar said that nine people have died in the mishap and over 82 have been injured.
He said Member (Engineering) V K Gupta, Member (Mechanical) Alok Johri and Director General of Railway Health Services R Prashad have rushed to the accident site.
Rail traffic between Delhi and Gorakhpur has been affected and a number of trains have been diverted through other routes, railway officials said.
Emergency helpline numbers in Delhi and Gorakhpur have been activated, they said.