Railways on Monday ordered an inquiry into the Gorakhdham train mishap in Uttar Pradesh and announced compensation for the next of the kin of those killed and the injured.
“An inquiry has been ordered into the incident,” Chairman Railway Board Arunendra Kumar told PTI, adding, the exact cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained.
The inquiry would be conducted by the Commissioner of Railway Safety, North East Circle, P K Bajpayee, who will be visiting the accident site.
Railways have declared a compensation of Rs one lakh for the next of the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 for those with grievous injuries and Rs 10,000 for passengers with simple injuries.
Kumar said that nine people have died in the mishap and over 82 have been injured.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
He said Member (Engineering) V K Gupta, Member (Mechanical) Alok Johri and Director General of Railway Health Services R Prashad have rushed to the accident site.
Rail traffic between Delhi and Gorakhpur has been affected and a number of trains have been diverted through other routes, railway officials said.
Emergency helpline numbers in Delhi and Gorakhpur have been activated, they said.