A 24-year-old woman software engineer, who was apparently suffering from depression, allegedly committed suicide at her house, police said today.
Deepa Radariya, originally from Mumbai and working at a software firm here for the last six months, yesterday hanged herself at her apartment in Ahinsa tower on MG Road, Tukoganj police station in-charge Dilip Singh Choudhary said.
The woman used to live in the apartment along with her colleague Sneha, he said.
Deepa used to get depressed even over small issues, the police officer said quoting her friend. She was not keeping well for the last three-four days. Sneha wanted to stay at home to take care of her, but Deepa forced her to attend office, he said.
On Monday, when Sneha called Deepa from office, the latter did not respond. Later, Sneha reached home and when her friend did not open the door even after repeated knocking, she called the neighbours who broke open the door and found Deepa hanging, Choudhary said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
The software professional was immediately rushed to hospital where she was declared dead, he said. A case has been registered and a detailed investigation was on, the police officer added.