A 24-year-old woman software engineer, who was apparently suffering from depression, allegedly committed suicide at her house, police said today.
Deepa Radariya, originally from Mumbai and working at a software firm here for the last six months, yesterday hanged herself at her apartment in Ahinsa tower on MG Road, Tukoganj police station in-charge Dilip Singh Choudhary said.
The woman used to live in the apartment along with her colleague Sneha, he said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Deepa used to get depressed even over small issues, the police officer said quoting her friend. She was not keeping well for the last three-four days. Sneha wanted to stay at home to take care of her, but Deepa forced her to attend office, he said.
On Monday, when Sneha called Deepa from office, the latter did not respond. Later, Sneha reached home and when her friend did not open the door even after repeated knocking, she called the neighbours who broke open the door and found Deepa hanging, Choudhary said.
The software professional was immediately rushed to hospital where she was declared dead, he said. A case has been registered and a detailed investigation was on, the police officer added.