India’s only gorilla, Polo died on Saturday at Mysore Zoo due to respiratory infection and age related ailments.
“Polo died around 11 pm last night. He was aged 43 and was suffering from respiratory infection. He was under treatment for the past one month during which there were some signs of recovery, but his condition relapsed 15 days ago,” said Mysore Zoo Assistant Director, Suresh Kumar.
Stating that Polo was also suffering psychologically due to loneliness, Kumar said, “He was the only Gorilla in the country and until couple of years ago he was Asia’s lone Gorilla.”
Polo was received from Dublin Zoo, Ireland, on August 12, 1995, the zoo sources said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched