India’s only gorilla, Polo died on Saturday at Mysore Zoo due to respiratory infection and age related ailments.
“Polo died around 11 pm last night. He was aged 43 and was suffering from respiratory infection. He was under treatment for the past one month during which there were some signs of recovery, but his condition relapsed 15 days ago,” said Mysore Zoo Assistant Director, Suresh Kumar.
Stating that Polo was also suffering psychologically due to loneliness, Kumar said, “He was the only Gorilla in the country and until couple of years ago he was Asia’s lone Gorilla.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Polo was received from Dublin Zoo, Ireland, on August 12, 1995, the zoo sources said.