In the second such incident in less than two months, an Indian fisherman was found dead under mysterious circumstances in a jail in this Pakistani port city Tuesday.
The deceased has been identified as Kishore Bhagwan. His body has been moved to a nearby hospital.
Indian diplomatic sources said they had been informed by the Foreign Office in Islamabad about the incident, but the cause of death was yet to be ascertained. Indian authorities have sought additional information.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
On December 19, Indian fisherman Bhikha Laka Shiyal, 35, died in a jail in Karachi. The cause of his death has not been established either. His body is yet to be handed over to Indian authorities.
“We are likely to receive the body (of Shiyal) soon. We would make arrangements for the mortal remains to be sent back,” an Indian diplomat said. The Indian government has approached Pakistani authorities to speed up the process of returning Shiyal’s body.
Bhagwan was among more than 50 Indian fishermen arrested for allegedly entering Pakistan’s Exclusive Economic Zone in January last year. He escaped from jail a month later while cleaning the main gate of the facility.
He was recaptured in December. Pakistani media reports quoted police as saying that he lived on the roads of Karachi after his escape.