Ahead of Prime Minister’s Narendra Modi’s visit to Ladakh, the Chief of Army Staff General Dalbir Singh arrived at Leh on a three day visit to the cold, desert region of Jammu and Kashmir to review the security arrangement, and Indian army’s preparedness at both Siachen and on the Eastern sector bordering China.
Pointing out that this has been General Singh’s first visit to the region after taking over as Army Chief on July 31 this year, the Defence Ministry spokesman at Udhampur based Northern Command headquarters, Colonel S D Goswami, said that he had detailed interaction with the Northern Army Commander, Lt General D S Hooda, and General Officer Commanding of 14 Corps, Lt General B S Negi, on the prevailing security environment, infrastructure development projects and various initiatives undertaken by the Army in Ladakh region. He also reviewed the logistical infrastructure available to the soldiers, Goswami added.
During the day, the Army Chief also visited Siachen glacier where he paid tribute to the brave soldiers who had laid down their lives for the country by laying a floral wreath at the Siachen war memorial. He also addressed the troops at Siachen base camp and applauded the efforts put in by them in guarding the borders.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Earlier, General Singh accompanied by Lt General Hooda was received at Leh airport by Lt General Negi.
General Dalbir Singh will further visit forward posts of Eastern Ladakh and he will review the Army’s defence preparedness there, the spokesman said, adding that he will also receive Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is scheduled to visit the region on August 12.