Ahead of Prime Minister’s Narendra Modi’s visit to Ladakh, the Chief of Army Staff General Dalbir Singh arrived at Leh on a three day visit to the cold, desert region of Jammu and Kashmir to review the security arrangement, and Indian army’s preparedness at both Siachen and on the Eastern sector bordering China.
Pointing out that this has been General Singh’s first visit to the region after taking over as Army Chief on July 31 this year, the Defence Ministry spokesman at Udhampur based Northern Command headquarters, Colonel S D Goswami, said that he had detailed interaction with the Northern Army Commander, Lt General D S Hooda, and General Officer Commanding of 14 Corps, Lt General B S Negi, on the prevailing security environment, infrastructure development projects and various initiatives undertaken by the Army in Ladakh region. He also reviewed the logistical infrastructure available to the soldiers, Goswami added.
During the day, the Army Chief also visited Siachen glacier where he paid tribute to the brave soldiers who had laid down their lives for the country by laying a floral wreath at the Siachen war memorial. He also addressed the troops at Siachen base camp and applauded the efforts put in by them in guarding the borders.
Earlier, General Singh accompanied by Lt General Hooda was received at Leh airport by Lt General Negi.
General Dalbir Singh will further visit forward posts of Eastern Ladakh and he will review the Army’s defence preparedness there, the spokesman said, adding that he will also receive Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is scheduled to visit the region on August 12.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked