India on Friday reacted with caution to Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s invitation to engage in a comprehensive and sustained dialogue, saying it would depend on circumstances which have to be considered “thoughtfully”.
“They must have sent an invite which will go to the Prime Minister. The Prime Minister will apply his mind. It will all depend on the circumstances which have to be considered thoughtfully,” External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid told reporters on the sidelines of a function.
Sharif had on Wednesday invited India to engage in a “comprehensive, sustained and result-oriented” dialogue with Pakistan to resolve the Kashmir issue.
“I invite India for a comprehensive, sustained and result-oriented” dialogue for the resolution of the Kashmir issue, Sharif had said while addressing a joint session of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir’s assembly.
Noting that circumstances had led India to suspend dialogue with Pakistan, Khurshid said, “Circumstances must be befitting to be revived”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Though relations have improved “undoubtedly”, there is still a lot of work to be done, he said.
“I believe my colleague Anand Sharma is going to Pakistan on trade talks. Let me see what happens,” Khurshid said.