In a goodwill gesture following the installation of the Narendra Modi-led NDA government, the Centre on Friday repatriated 37 Pakistani prisoners.
Out of the thirty seven, 32 were Pakistani fishermen and rest five were arrested in illegal border crossing to India, an official at Attari border said while confirming the release of the 37 Pakistani prisoners.
All the released prisoners have spent nearly 16 months in different Indian jails, he said, adding they were handed over to Pakistani rangers at joint check post at Attari border, the land transit route to Pakistan.
Pakistan had released 151 Indian fishermen on May 25, a day ahead of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s visit to India to attend India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s swearing-in ceremony.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More