Moderate Hurriyat Conference on Sunday said the leadership of India and Pakistan need to “boldly” move forward towards the start of a full-fledged peace process for resolving Kashmir issue “once for all”.
“We reiterate our call to resolve the Kashmir issue once and for all. We call upon the leadership of India and Pakistan to boldly move forward towards the start of a full-fledged peace process,” Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq said in a statement here.
Mirwaiz said both Pakistan premier Nawaz Sharif and Prime Minister designate Narendra Modi have been given strong democratic mandate by the people of their respective countries and expressed hope that the two leaders would work toward resolving the Kashmir issue.
“It is our ardent wish that they urgently work toward a just and lasting solution to Kashmir issue so that peace, prosperity and stability can become a reality in South Asia,” he said.
Mirwaiz said the Hurriyat welcomes any immediate steps– symbolic or otherwise – that might improve the relationship and build confidence between India and Pakistan.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“There must be a serious and result-oriented process of dialogue. For this to happen, India and Pakistan must engage the people of Jammu and Kashmir as an active and true partner in the search for peace. For any lasting solution, Kashmiris must be involved,” he added.
Mirwaiz said resolving Kashmir issue as per wishes and aspirations of the people of the state will require sincerity and statesmanship from all sides and at all levels.
The Hurriyat chairman, however, expressed concern regarding various statements issued by members of the outgoing Congress party over the past few days.
“Kashmiris have suffered long enough. Those in power and those in opposition share an equal responsibility and moral obligation to be part of the solution. Vital opportunities to gift a peaceful future to our future generations should no longer be consumed in domestic politicking. Let all the political parties of India, Pakistan and Jammu and Kashmir make a peaceful resolution of the Kashmir issue their shared agenda,” he said.
The Hurriyat leader said Kashmiris would watch the developments between India and Pakistan closely, and if “any signs of a serious and courageous effort to find a solution,” are witnessed, they would respond with an “even greater sense of seriousness and courage”.