India may be inclined to accede Bangladesh’s request to extradite a multiple-murder suspect of the neighbouring country who was arrested in Kolkata last week. If accepted, Nur Hossain, wanted in Bangladesh for killing seven people in Dhaka’s satellite city Narayanganj about two months ago, could be the first Bangladeshi to be deported from India since the signing of the extradition pact between the two countries in December 2013.
“We are looking into the case and may consider the Bangladesh’s request favourably,” a senior government official said.
New Delhi is seeking from Dhaka details about Hossain.
Hossain’s extradition issue is expected to figure during the visit of External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to Bangladesh between June 25-27. Swaraj is likely to meet top Bangladeshi leadership and have discussions with her counterpart Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali.
Hossain and two other Bangladeshi nationals were arrested on June 15 in Kolkata for not having valid documents for entering India. All three are currently in police custody. It has been alleged that the seven people were first kidnapped from the suburban river port city on April 27 and then killed by Hossain and his two accomplices. The nearly decomposed bodies of the seven were retrieved from Shitalakya river on May 1. The incident had sparked a massive public outcry in Bangladesh as the families of the victims alleged several personnel of elite anti-crime Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) were involved in the murders.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It had embarrassed Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s government and prompted it to immediately sack two army and navy officers.