India has lodged protest with Pakistan over the ceasefire violation in Akhnoor sector in Jammu on Wednesday in which one woman was killed.
According to government sources, India lodged the protest both in Islamabad as well as here. “Our High Commissioner in Islamabad raised the issue with the Pakistan Foreign Office and Pakistan’s High Commissioner in Delhi was also conveyed India’s concerns regarding ceasefire violation in which one woman was killed and some people injured,” they said today.
- Pakistan accuses India of 'ceasefire violations', summons Deputy High Commissioner
- Soldier dies in fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistan, Army retaliates with massive fire assault
- MEA summons Pakistan high commissioner Abdul Basit over ceasefire violations
- Ceasefire violations by Pakistan: Rajnath calls urgent meeting with Sushma, Parrikar
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy over alleged 'spy' drone issue
- Pakistan violates ceasefire,targets Indian posts twice in J-K
Pakistan Rangers violated the ceasefire twice yesterday, indulging in firing and mortar shelling in the Akhnoor sector.
They targeted civilian areas with small-arms fire and shelling at Bhalwal Bharth, Malabela and Siderwan.
A 42-year-old woman, identified as Poli Devi, lost her life in the firing.
Meanwhile, Pakistan yesterday also said that it has shot down an Indian “spy” drone which it alleged was being used for aerial photography near the Line of Control (LoC), a claim dismissed by India.