India has lodged protest with Pakistan over the ceasefire violation in Akhnoor sector in Jammu on Wednesday in which one woman was killed.
According to government sources, India lodged the protest both in Islamabad as well as here. “Our High Commissioner in Islamabad raised the issue with the Pakistan Foreign Office and Pakistan’s High Commissioner in Delhi was also conveyed India’s concerns regarding ceasefire violation in which one woman was killed and some people injured,” they said today.
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy over ‘unprovoked firing’
- Pakistan ceasefire violation: Two Pakistani soldiers killed in retaliatory fire by Indian Army
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K’s Rajouri district, 71 schools closed
- Jammu and Kashmir: Two civilians, Army jawan killed as Pak violates ceasefire near Akhnoor, BSF retaliates effectively
- Heavy casualties likely on Pakistani side as India responds to ceasefire violations
- J&K: BSF jawan killed in Pakistan shelling along LoC in RS Pura sector
Pakistan Rangers violated the ceasefire twice yesterday, indulging in firing and mortar shelling in the Akhnoor sector.
They targeted civilian areas with small-arms fire and shelling at Bhalwal Bharth, Malabela and Siderwan.
A 42-year-old woman, identified as Poli Devi, lost her life in the firing.
Meanwhile, Pakistan yesterday also said that it has shot down an Indian “spy” drone which it alleged was being used for aerial photography near the Line of Control (LoC), a claim dismissed by India.