India has lodged protest with Pakistan over the ceasefire violation in Akhnoor sector in Jammu on Wednesday in which one woman was killed.
According to government sources, India lodged the protest both in Islamabad as well as here. “Our High Commissioner in Islamabad raised the issue with the Pakistan Foreign Office and Pakistan’s High Commissioner in Delhi was also conveyed India’s concerns regarding ceasefire violation in which one woman was killed and some people injured,” they said today.
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Poonch, Indian Army 'retaliating effectively and strongly'
- Pakistan Army shells villages along LoC in Poonch
- Ceasefire violation in Poonch: Jawan, porter killed, 8 injured in mortar shelling from Pakistan
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire twice in Arnia Sector, BSF retaliating
- Pakistan resorts to heavy mortar shelling in Arnia, R S Pura sectors; dozen cattle killed
- Two BSF jawans among 5 injured in Pakistan shelling along Line of Control, IB
Pakistan Rangers violated the ceasefire twice yesterday, indulging in firing and mortar shelling in the Akhnoor sector.
They targeted civilian areas with small-arms fire and shelling at Bhalwal Bharth, Malabela and Siderwan.
A 42-year-old woman, identified as Poli Devi, lost her life in the firing.
Meanwhile, Pakistan yesterday also said that it has shot down an Indian “spy” drone which it alleged was being used for aerial photography near the Line of Control (LoC), a claim dismissed by India.