India contains the 11th largest population of millionaires with 1.98 lakh such high net-worth individuals, as falling oil prices and “constructive” election results helped the country post the biggest gains interms of their number and total wealth during 2014, according to a report.
The ‘World Wealth Report 2015’, released by Capgemini and RBC Wealth Management says there were 1,98,000 HNWIs in India in 2014, while in 2013 the figure stood at 1,56,000.
- 61,000 Indian millionaires shifted overseas in last 14 years
- Short Change: FIIs infuse over $20 bn so far in 2014; $5 bn in June alone
- 'India has highest percentage of HNW Individuals wanting to give back to society'
- High Net Worth Individuals: India second to only Hong Kong in growth
- Indias millionaire club now 1.53 lakh members strong,says survey
- Recovery cheers echo in billionaire club: Indias to triple in 10 years,says report