The only issue with Pakistan is to get back parts of Jammu and Kashmir under its illegal occupation, Minister of State in PMO Jitendra Singh said here today, hitting back at Pakistan Army Chief Gen Raheel Sharif’s comments that Kashmir is an “unfinished agenda”.
Singh emphasised that Jammu and Kashmir was and will remain the integral part of India.
“If there is any subject related to Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistan it is how the parts of Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (PoK) can be again included in India.
- Across the aisle: India is failing the test on J-K
- Mehbooba Mufti meets PM Modi, stresses on addressing alienation among youth and violence in J&K
- Holding talks with Pakistan Centre’s prerogative: Union minister on Mehbooba Mufti’s remarks
- ‘Reconciliation is the mantra’: Mehbooba Mufti urges PM Modi to initiate dialogue with Pakistan
- India hits back to Pakistan’s plea to support Kashmir’s ‘freedom’ struggle
- India’s ‘unfinished agenda’ is to retrieve illegally occupied part of J-K: Jitendra Singh
“That means the area, which after 65-66 years, even after being part of Jammu and Kashmir, is under illegal possession of Pakistan,” the minister told reporters here.
His comments came after the Pakistan Army Chief called Kashmir an “unfinished agenda” and warned of “unbearable damage” in case of a “long or short” misadventure.
“If the enemy ever resorts to any misadventure, regardless of its size and scale – short or long – it will have to pay an unbearable cost,” he said in his address at a special event in Rawalpindi to mark the 50th anniversary of the 1965 war with India.
“Armed forces of Pakistan are fully capable of dealing with all types of internal and external threats, may it be conventional or sub-conventional; whether it is cold start or hot start. We are ready,” General Raheel had said yesterday at a special event in Rawalpindi to mark the 50th anniversary of the 1965 war with India.