“India has won! good days are ahead,” BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi said on Friday in his first reaction to the poll trends that indicate an impending BJP victory in the Lok Sabha polls.
“India has won! Bharat ki Vijay. Ache din ane wale hai (good days are ahead),” Modi, who is all set to become prime minister, tweeted.
Modi later met his mother to seek her blessings.
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
In initial trends, BJP alone was leading in 275 seats -its best ever tally in Lok Sabha polls, while the NDA is set to cross the 300-mark. The earlier best by BJP was 182 seats in the 1999 Lok Sabha polls when the party formed its government led by Atal Behari Vajpayee.
Top BJP leaders including L K Advani and Rajnath Singh congratulated Modi for the party’s electoral victory.
Buoyed by the party’s stellar performance, celebrations started at the party’s Delhi headquarters right from the time initial trends started trickling in and workers and leaders danced to the beats of ‘dhols’ and distributed sweets.
Modi, who is contesting from Vadodra and Varanasi was leading at both the places. While he was leading with a hefty margin of over 5.6 lakh votes in Vadodra, in Varanasi he was leading by over one lakh votes.