Almost all Indians have seen footage of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru’s midnight tryst with destiny speech, but very few have seen what was happening in other parts of the country during August 15. UK newsreel archive company British Pathé’s archive, recently made available on YouTube, includes dozens of clips from August 1947.
The full British Pathé’s collection consists 85,000 videos or 3,500 hours of historical footage shot between 1896 and 1976.
Here is a compilation of the best.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
India and Pakistan gain Independence
India Independence Day scenes (silent)
Post-Independence reception at India House, London
Independence Day celebrations in Bombay
Last batch of British troops leave India (1948)
The takeover: UK paints a grim picture