Far from the opulence he is known to be addicted to, Sahara Chief Subrata Roy is being treated like any other prisoner in Tihar jail. He spent the day meeting his son, brother and a top company official besides reading newspapers in his cell.
Subrata Roy who was brought to Tihar jail last evening and has been kept in ward number four of prison 3, the same ward where all accused of the 2G scam were kept.
The Sahara chief Subrata Roy has been provided a bed to sleep as he is above 60 years of age, a jail official said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Subrata Roy, who was sent in judicial custody for a week in Delhi by the Supreme Court on Wednesday, had reached Tihar prison at around 8 PM following which doctors examined him and he was found to be in good health.
According to Tihar Spokesperson Sunil Gupta, as per rules, Subrata Roy was given a bed to sleep as he is above 60 years of age.
Tihar authorities had yesterday said that Subrata Roy would have to sleep on floor but when he reached the prison complex, they came to know that he was above 60 following which a bed was given to him as per prison rules.
“He had a sound sleep. In the morning he read newspapers in his ward. He took bread and tea in breakfast. He also ate jail food. Later, he also ordered something to eat from the jail canteen,” he said.
Gupta also said that his son and brother met him in the morning. Later, a woman from one of his companies also met him.
“As per prison rules, a prisoner is served chapati of 400 gm grain, 250 gm vegetable and 90 gm dal every day. According to this rule, he is being served food,” he said.
Jail authorities maintained that Subrata Roy will be treated like any other prisoner and no preferential treatment will be given to him.
Subrata Roy too has so far not put forth any special demand before the jail authorities.
Subrata Roy was yesterday ordered to remain in custody for a week in Delhi by the Supreme Court which was unhappy that no concrete proposal on the refund of investors’ money was put forward by the company.
Apart from Subrata Roy, the bench had also ordered that the Group’s other two Directors Ravi Shankar Dubey and Ashok Roy Choudhary be taken into custody letting the woman Director, Vandana Bhargava free.