In her first visit to Rae Bareli after the Congress’s rout in the Lok Sabha elections, Sonia Gandhi Friday said she will lead from the front to restore the party’s “Aan, Baan, Shaan (glory)”.
At an “aabhar samaroh” and dinner organised for workers, the Congress president said she was “saddened” by the party’s loss but had “mulled over the reasons for the past month”. “It was not that the Congress government did not work in the past 10 years but we failed to make our work to check inflation and corruption reach people. The Opposition kept telling lies and our talks left behind,” she said,
Praising workers for their hard work, she said they should not be disappointed with the loss of seats. “We should not be disappointed as we might have got less seats but 10.75 crore voters have voted for us. The vote share is important and seats are not everything.”
The Congress president urged workers to “go house to house and win back the confidence of public” while underlining that the “road ahead is not easy”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Targeting BJP, Sonia said the time has now come for them to fulfill their promises. “As an opposition it is our responsibility to keep an eye on their promises as it is easier to make promises than fulfill them.”
Party workers unanimously praised her daughter, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, demanding that she be given charge of the organisation at the national level to revive the party.