A total of 171 Army personnel have martyred while fighting terrorists since 2012, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
- Pakistan violated ceasefire daily in 2015, 2016: MHA
- Manohar Parrikar busy in Goa while terrorists attack army: Sanjay Raut
- Pakistan violates ceasefire 99 times on LoC post-surgical strikes: Army
- Egypt: 18 militants killed as army avenges ISIS attack
- Going to Pakistan is same as going to hell, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- 39 accidents of defence aircraft over last 3 years: Manohar Parrikar
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha to a question on how many army persons have been killed in 2012, 2013 and 2014 , the Minister said, 61 Army personnel were killed in 2012 and the number decreased to 54 in 2013.
In 2014, 56 Army personnel were killed while fighting against terrorists, he said.