A total of 171 Army personnel have martyred while fighting terrorists since 2012, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
- Egypt’s armed forces foil attack, guns down 14 terrorists, 8 army personnel also killed
- 163 Army personnel died in Siachen in last 10 years: Govt
- J&K: Three army jawans, two cops killed in fresh encounter with militants in Kupwara
- Handwara firing: Will order probe, Parrikar assures Mehbooba Mufti
- 39 accidents of defence aircraft over last 3 years: Manohar Parrikar
- Attacks, an attempt by militants to raise their low morale: Defence Minister Parrikar
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha to a question on how many army persons have been killed in 2012, 2013 and 2014 , the Minister said, 61 Army personnel were killed in 2012 and the number decreased to 54 in 2013.
In 2014, 56 Army personnel were killed while fighting against terrorists, he said.