A total of 171 Army personnel have martyred while fighting terrorists since 2012, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
- Shopian firing: Why J&K plea may lead nowhere
- Sixteen terrorists killed in army raids in Egypt
- Jammu and Kashmir: A timeline of terror attacks in 2018
- Jammu attack LIVE UPDATES: Two terrorists, two officers killed in Sunjwan army camp; ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Nowshera
- Goa will become open defecation free by October 2 this year, says CM Manohar Parrikar
- Shopian firing: Army responded after being ‘provoked to the ultimate’, says Northern Army Commander
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha to a question on how many army persons have been killed in 2012, 2013 and 2014 , the Minister said, 61 Army personnel were killed in 2012 and the number decreased to 54 in 2013.
In 2014, 56 Army personnel were killed while fighting against terrorists, he said.