A total of 171 Army personnel have martyred while fighting terrorists since 2012, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
- Pakistan violated ceasefire daily in 2015, 2016: MHA
- Pakistan violates ceasefire 99 times on LoC post-surgical strikes: Army
- Going to Pakistan is same as going to hell, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Encounters have increased in border areas says Manohar Parrikar
- Fire in Pulgaon army depot, which killed 16, completely doused, says military official
- 39 accidents of defence aircraft over last 3 years: Manohar Parrikar
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha to a question on how many army persons have been killed in 2012, 2013 and 2014 , the Minister said, 61 Army personnel were killed in 2012 and the number decreased to 54 in 2013.
In 2014, 56 Army personnel were killed while fighting against terrorists, he said.