A total of 171 Army personnel have martyred while fighting terrorists since 2012, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
- Five terrorists killed by security forces in a raid in Egypt
- Highest ceasefire violations by Pakistan along IB, LoC in seven years
- Another soldier on leave found dead in Kashmir's Shopian, police blame militants
- 15 terrorists killed in Egypt police raid
- Goa govt against coal berth plans at port, says CM Manohar Parrikar
- 39 accidents of defence aircraft over last 3 years: Manohar Parrikar
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha to a question on how many army persons have been killed in 2012, 2013 and 2014 , the Minister said, 61 Army personnel were killed in 2012 and the number decreased to 54 in 2013.
In 2014, 56 Army personnel were killed while fighting against terrorists, he said.