A total of 171 Army personnel have martyred while fighting terrorists since 2012, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
- J-K: Two air force commandos, two Lashkar militants killed in Hajin encounter
- Shopian encounter: Army bids adieu to three soldiers killed in Jammu and Kashmir
- 70 youth join militant ranks in seven months: Official
- At least 6 top commanders among 132 militants killed in J&K this year: Official figures
- Manipur ambush led to planning of PoK surgical strikes, says Manohar Parrikar
- 39 accidents of defence aircraft over last 3 years: Manohar Parrikar
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha to a question on how many army persons have been killed in 2012, 2013 and 2014 , the Minister said, 61 Army personnel were killed in 2012 and the number decreased to 54 in 2013.
In 2014, 56 Army personnel were killed while fighting against terrorists, he said.