Hearing on the bail plea of Tehelka magazine’s founder editor Tarun Tejpal, charged with rape and sexual assault of a junior journalist colleague in November last year, was adjourned today till March 12 by the Bombay High Court.
After hearing arguments in-camera by prosecution and defence counsels, the Goa bench of the Bombay High Court deferred hearing on the bail plea till March 12.
Tejpal, currently lodged in the Sada sub-jail, was present in the court during the hearing. Tejpal was last month charged by Goa police with rape, sexual harassment and outraging the modesty of a junior colleague, 80 days after his arrest.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Police had filed a 2,684-page charge sheet against Tejpal, in jail since December 1, under sections 354, 354-A (sexual harassment), 341 and 342 (wrongful restraint), 376 (rape), 376(2)(f) and 376 (2)(k) (taking advantage of official position and raping a woman in custody).
The charge sheet has relied on emails and text messages between the victim and Tejpal, the statements of witnesses, besides CCTV footages of the 5 star hotel lobby outside the lift where the alleged incident happened. The woman journalist has alleged that she was sexually assaulted by Tejpal on successive days on November 7 and 8 inside the lift of the hotel when she had gone to Goa for THiNK Fest 2013.