Starting a two-day visit to his constituency on Wednesday, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi stopped outside the Aam Aadmi Party office in Jais and urged AAP volunteers to join his party.
A group of AAP volunteers wearing their party caps were standing outside their office in Jais when Rahul’s cavalcade passed by. Rahul, who was accompanied by Priyanka Vadra and was on his way from Fursatganj to Gauriganj, stopped his vehicle and asked the AAP volunteers where they hailed from. When the AAP workers told him that they were from Amethi, Rahul said, “Yeh topi utaro aur humare saath aao (Take off your caps and come with us).”
As soon as his vehicle left, AAP and Congress workers started shouting slogans against each other.
Speaking to mediapersons later, Rahul said, “Our government is there at the Centre. We believe in work… we do not believe in speaking much.” He blamed the state government for lack of development in Amethi.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked