- Modi gets into the fight: ‘Delhi will decide how world sees India’
- AAP, BJP ignoring govt employees, says Ajay Maken
- Arvind Kejriwal mocks BJP’s 4-point agenda
- Modi gave India self-pride: Uma Bharti
- ‘Where have we promised statehood... it’s a sensitive issue, not a matter for elections’, says Amit Shah
- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
In Amethi, Rahul tells AAP workers to join Cong
Starting a two-day visit to his constituency on Wednesday, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi stopped outside the Aam Aadmi Party office in Jais and urged AAP volunteers to join his party.
A group of AAP volunteers wearing their party caps were standing outside their office in Jais when Rahul’s cavalcade passed by. Rahul, who was accompanied by Priyanka Vadra and was on his way from Fursatganj to Gauriganj, stopped his vehicle and asked the AAP volunteers where they hailed from. When the AAP workers told him that they were from Amethi, Rahul said, “Yeh topi utaro aur humare saath aao (Take off your caps and come with us).”
As soon as his vehicle left, AAP and Congress workers started shouting slogans against each other.
Speaking to mediapersons later, Rahul said, “Our government is there at the Centre. We believe in work… we do not believe in speaking much.” He blamed the state government for lack of development in Amethi.