In an effort to market India as a viable filming destination, the I&B Ministry plans to hold negotiations with various countries to enter into Co-production Audio Visual Agreements.
While a number of agreements have already been signed, the broad framework outlining such agreements has also been shared with a number of countries, I&B Secretary Bimal Julka said during deliberations with key stakeholders at the Berlin Film Festival. This year, 10 Indian films will be screened at Berlinale.
During discussions with stakeholders representing participants from various countries, Julka said India’s co-production agreements were unique as they offered multiple benefits to foreign film producers. He said that any agreement to this effect will enable foreign producers to harness the strength of India’s film prowess – its technically-qualified manpower, pool of talented actors and a multitude of shooting locations.
Co-production agreements also enable films to be treated as “national films” and thereby make them eligible for National Film Awards and the Indian Panorama Section of IFFI. The release of such films through the Indian distribution network will help open up Indian consumer markets to foreign producers, he said. The Indian film industry will also benefit by the profiling of shooting locations, generation of direct employment and encouragement to film tourism, he added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More