In A bid to groom freshly recruited IAS officers at the Centre, the government has decided that IAS probationers will start their career from Delhi instead of cadre states they have been allocated.
“From this year onwards, the new IAS probationers will start their career with a three-month stint at the Centre before going to their respective states of posting as per the cadre allocation,” Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh said.
- AAP vs Chief Secretary: Not attending meetings but still working, says IAS forum
- Chief Secretary ‘assault’ case: Delhi govt officers delegation meets Jitendra Singh
- Delhi Chief Secretary allegedly assaulted by AAP MLAs: Day’s developments so far
- Hundred per cent funding for central projects in Northeast, says Jitendra Singh
- Govt retires four IAS officers in public interest: MoS personnel
- Capital start for the IAS
He was speaking at a felicitation function held on Saturday attended by Ira Singhal, Nidhi Gupta and Vandana Rao — Delhi girls who topped the civil services examination, 2014.
Singh said this will “not only help in enriching their perspective, but would also acquaint them with the functioning of the Union government and enable them to get themselves introduced to various functionaries and officials in the central government hierarchy”.