A Jaguar fighter aircraft of the Indian Air Force crashed in Biber village, nearly 30 km north of Bhuj in Kutch on Friday afternoon. The pilot ejected safely before the crash.
The Jaguar had taken off from the Bhuj air base in the morning at around 11.40 am and crashed at around noon. Officials said that the pilot ejected at Loria village, 22 km from Bhuj.
Defence PRO (Gujarat), Wing Commander Abhishek Matiman said, “The aircraft was on a training mission and the pilot ejected safely. There is no reported damage on the ground. A court of inquiry has been ordered to investigate the cause of the accident”.
The crash scared the villagers who gathered around the accident site and raised an alarm. The Nakhtrana police was sent to the spot to take the stock of the situation.
Nakhtrana sub-inspector Karsan Dafda said, “We received the information at around 12 pm that an IAF aircraft had crashed in Bibar village. The debris of the aircraft fell in an open field. An IAF helicopter took the pilot away when he landed on the ground after ejection”. The IAF officials from the Bhuj air base rushed to the spot to check the reasons behind the accident.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The sources in the IAF said that it is suspected that the aircraft witnessed some technical issues that led to the crash.
Earlier, a Jaguar aircraft crashed in Bholasar village of Bikaner district in Rajasthan in January 2014, while on a similar training mission. Two MiG-29 fighter planes had crashed in June and July 2013, near Gujarat’s Jamnagar air base.