Indefinite curfew remained in force for the second day on Thursday under Rajendranagar Police Station limits of Cyberabad Police Commissisonerate here in the wake of communal clashes and death of three persons in police firing in Kishanbagh area of Old City.
“The curfew is continuing…situation is peaceful and under control…no untoward incidents have been reported,” Cyberabad Joint Commissioner of Police Y Gangadhar told PTI. Three persons were killed on Wednesday in police firing following communal clashes sparked by alleged burning of a religious flag by some persons in Kishanbagh area of the Old City.
Police clamped indefinite curfew under section 144 of CrPC in Rajendranagar Police Station limits after the clashes, which left 17 people, including ten police personnel, injured in heavy stone pelting.
Large number of police personnel, including RAF and Central Para Military Forces, were deployed in the area to maintain law and order. Depending on the situation today, police may take a decision on relaxation in the curfew period.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
Some trouble-makers were taken into custody and were being questioned about their alleged role in the incident, police sources said.