Indefinite curfew remained in force for the second day on Thursday under Rajendranagar Police Station limits of Cyberabad Police Commissisonerate here in the wake of communal clashes and death of three persons in police firing in Kishanbagh area of Old City.
“The curfew is continuing…situation is peaceful and under control…no untoward incidents have been reported,” Cyberabad Joint Commissioner of Police Y Gangadhar told PTI. Three persons were killed on Wednesday in police firing following communal clashes sparked by alleged burning of a religious flag by some persons in Kishanbagh area of the Old City.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Police clamped indefinite curfew under section 144 of CrPC in Rajendranagar Police Station limits after the clashes, which left 17 people, including ten police personnel, injured in heavy stone pelting.
Large number of police personnel, including RAF and Central Para Military Forces, were deployed in the area to maintain law and order. Depending on the situation today, police may take a decision on relaxation in the curfew period.
Some trouble-makers were taken into custody and were being questioned about their alleged role in the incident, police sources said.