In wake of the recent controversies over the Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee Act of 2014, the Punjab and Haryana High Court issued notices to the Punjab government, Haryana government, HSGMC, UT Administration, Himachal Pradesh government and SGPC.
A Fatehgarh based advocate, Ram Singh Somal had filed a CWP on Saturday in the Punjab and Haryana High Court. The petitioner had sought quashing of the act and a stay on its implementations.
A division bench of Justice Hemant Gupta and justice Arun Palli have asked all respondents to respond to the petition by September 5.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Advocate for the petitioner, HS Bath said that the court has also asked all the respondents and the petitioner to clear the validity of the of the Sikh Gurdwara Act of 1925. The bench has asked to clear that how the Act of 1925 was implemented after independence.
The Bill for Act was passed by Haryana Assembly on July 11. Ever since former Haryana Governor Jagannath Pahadia gave his assent to the Haryana Sikh Gurdwaras Management Bill, 2014, making it an Act, SGPC leaders and their supporters started camping in Haryana gurdwaras to prevent the state government and Haryana Sikh leaders from taking possession.
SGPC and Shiromani Akali Dal leaders also challenged the Haryana government and HSGMC.