In wake of the recent controversies over the Haryana Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee Act of 2014, the Punjab and Haryana High Court issued notices to the Punjab government, Haryana government, HSGMC, UT Administration, Himachal Pradesh government and SGPC.
A Fatehgarh based advocate, Ram Singh Somal had filed a CWP on Saturday in the Punjab and Haryana High Court. The petitioner had sought quashing of the act and a stay on its implementations.
A division bench of Justice Hemant Gupta and justice Arun Palli have asked all respondents to respond to the petition by September 5.
Advocate for the petitioner, HS Bath said that the court has also asked all the respondents and the petitioner to clear the validity of the of the Sikh Gurdwara Act of 1925. The bench has asked to clear that how the Act of 1925 was implemented after independence.
The Bill for Act was passed by Haryana Assembly on July 11. Ever since former Haryana Governor Jagannath Pahadia gave his assent to the Haryana Sikh Gurdwaras Management Bill, 2014, making it an Act, SGPC leaders and their supporters started camping in Haryana gurdwaras to prevent the state government and Haryana Sikh leaders from taking possession.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
SGPC and Shiromani Akali Dal leaders also challenged the Haryana government and HSGMC.