Resolving to work to link the country’s graduates with employment, Union HRD minister Smriti Irani on Sunday said her ministry would soon open an online and personal interface programme comprising academicians to tackle problems faced by premier institutions and students’ bodies.
Speaking at a students’ gathering at Symbiosis Institute at Lavale, near here, Irani said, “This (interface programme of the Human Resources Development ministry) will not comprise bureaucrats or politicians, but academicians and some of the best institutions.”
Stating that academic growth will be assisted by enhanced funding, Irani said, “They (experts) can tell us how we can de-regulate problems faced by some of the premier institutions of our country and how our students’ bodies can work more effectively with an improved contribution of alumni.”
Underscoring the problem of unemployment, she said that only half of the three million graduates who pass out annually are found employable, adding that her ministry is committed to make a difference by increasing employment opportunities.
Striking a confident note, the HRD minister said she was looking at the situation through a “prism of possibility”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Irani said she would strive to make India an educational hub where foreign students would be welcome.