Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday filed a chargesheet against a local builder and his accomplice in connection with alleged scam of Rs five crore involving a housing society here.
Siddhu, manager of the Karmachari Grih Nirman Sahkari Sanstha, had allegedly collected Rs 5 crore from members of the society and deposited them into an unauthorised bank account with Transport Cooperative Bank, instead of designated account.
He allegedly transferred Rs 2.5 crore from this account to the one operated by Chhabra, during 2008-09.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
According to ED, Chhabra allegedly purchased 1.75-acre land in Bhouransla village in Indore district by withdrawing Rs one crore from this account. ED has already attached the land.
Sources said Chhabra invested the remaining amount in a land and probe is on to ascertain whether he purchased the land concerned.
A case was registered in this regard by ED in 2011 against Chhabra and Siddhu and ED is also investigating the role of
three more persons in this regard.