Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Friday filed a chargesheet against a local builder and his accomplice in connection with alleged scam of Rs five crore involving a housing society here.
Siddhu, manager of the Karmachari Grih Nirman Sahkari Sanstha, had allegedly collected Rs 5 crore from members of the society and deposited them into an unauthorised bank account with Transport Cooperative Bank, instead of designated account.
He allegedly transferred Rs 2.5 crore from this account to the one operated by Chhabra, during 2008-09.
According to ED, Chhabra allegedly purchased 1.75-acre land in Bhouransla village in Indore district by withdrawing Rs one crore from this account. ED has already attached the land.
Sources said Chhabra invested the remaining amount in a land and probe is on to ascertain whether he purchased the land concerned.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A case was registered in this regard by ED in 2011 against Chhabra and Siddhu and ED is also investigating the role of
three more persons in this regard.