A 38-year-old Hindu Munnani leader was murdered early on Saturday in front of his house at Sankarankoil near here by three unidentified men, triggering tension in the area, police said.
Jeevaraj was a former town secretary of the right wing organisation, they said, adding the incident occurred when he was having a chat with a few others in front of his house. Police said investigation revealed the three persons used chilli powder so Jeevaraj could not escape from there before they attacked him with sickles. He suffered cuts on the head and shoulder and died on the spot.
This is the second murder of Hindu Munnani functionary since last month.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations