One more body of a student was recovered from Beas river on Wednesday, eleven days after 25 persons, including 24 students from a Hyderabad engineering college, were swept away in the river.
The deceased has been identified as P Venkata Durga Tarun, Mandi SP, R S Negi said.
Nine bodies have been recovered so far and fifteen students, including three girls and co-tour leader Prahlad, are still missing.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The swollen body floating in the river was spotted by rescue team members, who fished it out of the river.
“The swollen body surfaced near the Pandoh dam, about 12 km downstream Beas from the accident spot,” Jaideep Singh, commanding officer of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), said.
“More bodies, which are in the process of bloating are likely to surface in next two or three days,” he said.
Massive search operations, aided by advanced technology, were launched to locate 24 BTech students of VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad, and a tour leader, who were washed away in Beas river on June 8 after sudden release of water from the reservoir of the Larji hydro-power project near Thalot.
Singh said one more body was recovered from the river on Wednesday, but it was not of any of the missing Hyderabad engineering students.
The rescue operations would continue to recover the remaining bodies, he added.
About 600 rescue personnel of NDRF, Army, Police, ITBP and 50 expert divers are engaged in the search along 15-km stretch of Beas river from Thalot to Pandoh Dam.