Himachal Pradesh High Court on Monday put a ban on animal sacrifice to “appease deities” and ruled that “no person throughout the state shall sacrifice any animal in any place of public religious worship”.
Disposing of a number of petitions seeking ban on the “inhuman practice” of animal sacrifice, a division bench of justices Rajiv Sharma and Sureshwar Thakur directed all deputy commissioners, superintendents of police, sub-divisional officers and station house officers to “comply with these directions punctually and faithfully”.
The bench said startling revelations have been made about the manner in which thousands of animals are sacrificed every year in the name of religious worship, and these sacrifices to appease the god or deity in a barbaric manner cause immense pain and suffering to animals which cannot be permitted.
Compassion is basic tenets in all the religions and the practice of animal sacrifice is a social evil and is required to be curbed, the bench said. “It is in grey area whether the animal sacrifice can be termed as religious practice or not, but faith, ritualistic worship and its continuation must change in modern era,” the bench said, adding that the people are required to be sensitised on this issue by the state government.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More