With Baitarani River in Odisha’s Keonjhar district flowing above the danger mark, the Ministry of Water Resources today issued a “high flood situation” warning.
“River Baitarani at Anandapur in Keonjhar district of Odisha is now flowing in High Flood Situation. At 6 AM today, it was flowing at a level of 41.04 meters with a rising trend.
“This is 2.68 mtrs above its danger level of 38.36 meters and 0.31 meters below its previous HFL of 41.35 meters recorded on September 23,2011,” a statement from Ministry of Water Resources said.
Torrential rains have claimed three lives and posed flood threat in Odisha.
The state government had yesterday alerted 12 districts to gear up for any eventuality as heavy downpour is likely to pound some areas due to a deep depression.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Collectors of 12 districts have been asked to remain watchful and take all steps to deal with possible flood.
An alert was sounded in Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Kendrapara, Puri, Jagatsinghpur, Khurda, Cuttack, Boudh, Nayagarh and Keonjhar districts.
Eight NDRF teams have been sent to Keonjhar, Jajpur, Bhadrak, Balasore, Mayurbhanj, Cuttack, Kendrapara and Puri districts to assist in rescue and relief work.