With Baitarani River in Odisha’s Keonjhar district flowing above the danger mark, the Ministry of Water Resources today issued a “high flood situation” warning.
“River Baitarani at Anandapur in Keonjhar district of Odisha is now flowing in High Flood Situation. At 6 AM today, it was flowing at a level of 41.04 meters with a rising trend.
“This is 2.68 mtrs above its danger level of 38.36 meters and 0.31 meters below its previous HFL of 41.35 meters recorded on September 23,2011,” a statement from Ministry of Water Resources said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Torrential rains have claimed three lives and posed flood threat in Odisha.
The state government had yesterday alerted 12 districts to gear up for any eventuality as heavy downpour is likely to pound some areas due to a deep depression.
Collectors of 12 districts have been asked to remain watchful and take all steps to deal with possible flood.
An alert was sounded in Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Kendrapara, Puri, Jagatsinghpur, Khurda, Cuttack, Boudh, Nayagarh and Keonjhar districts.
Eight NDRF teams have been sent to Keonjhar, Jajpur, Bhadrak, Balasore, Mayurbhanj, Cuttack, Kendrapara and Puri districts to assist in rescue and relief work.