The National Health Policy will have primary emphasis on the principles of Ayurveda and the Allopathy-centric focus of AIIMS-like institutes will have to accommodate Ayurveda, Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan said Sunday. He was speaking after laying the foundation stone of Ramdev’s yoga museum.
“The old, Allopathy orientation of AIIMS is out of sync with the contemporary trend of integrating indigenous and Western forms of cure. That is why I wish to give yoga, along with Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy pride of place in the AIIMS system. All the six new AIIMS will be dynamic institutions of integrated medicine in the years to come,” Harsh Vardhan said. He added that for the first time since 1947, the government’s health policy is going to lay primary emphasis on the Ayurveda Siddhanta (principles).
Ever since he took over as the Union Health Minister, Harsh Vardhan has reiterated his commitment to bring the alternative systems of medicine into the mainstream. He has also voiced his appreciation of Ramdev’s work in the field of yoga and said that he is not averse to drafting him for the Health Ministry’s initiatives as he is “already doing the work of the Health Ministry”. He had detailed discussions with Ramdev on Sunday about research trends in modern science and clinical applications of yoga and Ayurveda.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The Health Minister also said that every AIIMS centre will have an indigenous medicine department of which Ayurveda will be a major component. AIIMS Rishikesh will have a 100-bed AYUSH Hospital and land for medicinal herb cultivation facility for standardised production of medicines.