The National Health Policy will have primary emphasis on the principles of Ayurveda and the Allopathy-centric focus of AIIMS-like institutes will have to accommodate Ayurveda, Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan said Sunday. He was speaking after laying the foundation stone of Ramdev’s yoga museum.
“The old, Allopathy orientation of AIIMS is out of sync with the contemporary trend of integrating indigenous and Western forms of cure. That is why I wish to give yoga, along with Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy pride of place in the AIIMS system. All the six new AIIMS will be dynamic institutions of integrated medicine in the years to come,” Harsh Vardhan said. He added that for the first time since 1947, the government’s health policy is going to lay primary emphasis on the Ayurveda Siddhanta (principles).
Ever since he took over as the Union Health Minister, Harsh Vardhan has reiterated his commitment to bring the alternative systems of medicine into the mainstream. He has also voiced his appreciation of Ramdev’s work in the field of yoga and said that he is not averse to drafting him for the Health Ministry’s initiatives as he is “already doing the work of the Health Ministry”. He had detailed discussions with Ramdev on Sunday about research trends in modern science and clinical applications of yoga and Ayurveda.
The Health Minister also said that every AIIMS centre will have an indigenous medicine department of which Ayurveda will be a major component. AIIMS Rishikesh will have a 100-bed AYUSH Hospital and land for medicinal herb cultivation facility for standardised production of medicines.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest