Listening to music using headphones proved fatal for a local villager who failed to hear the sound of automatic weapons and was caught in cross-fire between the security forces and the red rebels in Chhattisgarh on Tuesday.
When the Naxals ambushed the joint team of CRPF and Chhattisgarh police in Sukma district, Vikram Nishad was heading towards the spot on a motorbike with head phones plugged into his ears.
As he was listening music, he could not hear the sound of the gunfire that was coming from the attack site in the jungles of Tongapal.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Even though several people shouted and gestured to Vikram to stop and asked him not to go ahead, the biker could not comprehend anything due to the music and kept going.
Vikram was finally caught in the cross-fire between the security forces and the Naxals and hit by bullets and subsequently killed.
He was the only civilian who was killed along with 11 CRPF and 4 Chhattisgarh Police personnel when the Maoists ambushed them in Sukma district.