The Delhi High Court on Friday sought CBI’s response on the plea of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, serving a 10-year jail term in teachers recruitment case, for extending by four weeks his interim bail for completing his brother’s post-cremation rituals as he was currently hospitalised.
The high court had on June 3 granted three weeks’ interim bail to 79-year-old Chautala for carrying out the post-cremation rituals of his brother, who died on June 1.
A bench of justice Siddharth Mridul on Friday asked CBI to file a status report before the next date of hearing on June 23 even as the agency opposed the plea and said Chautala’s health condition should be checked in AIIMS. “Issue notice. Counsel for CBI seeks time to file a status report. Let status report be filed before the next date of hearing,” the court said.
The order was passed after hearing arguments by advocates R K Anand and Amit Sahni on behalf of Chautala and CBI respectively. Anand told the court that Chautala will perform the rituals or ceremonies if he is well enough. This submission came in response to the court’s query, “Is he well enough to perform the ceremonies?” Chautala has sought extension of his bail by four weeks on the ground that he is currently admitted in the ICU of Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon due to bad health and if allowed by the doctors, he would like to attend the remaining post-cremation rites of his brother Pratap Singh.
Chautala was set free by the court on interim bail for 21 days while asking him to furnish a personal bond of Rs five lakh with two sureties of the like amount. The Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) leader has sought extension of bail on the same terms and conditions as given in the June 3 order.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More