A division bench of Kerala High Court on Friday annulled the taking over the land of two resorts in Munnar during a drive against encroachments in 2007, but Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan took exception to this saying it was “mysterious” on the part of Chief Justice Manjula Chellur to issue an order even after the announcement of her transfer to the Calcutta High Court.
Chief Justice Chellur and Justice Muhammed Shafeeque ordered that the state government should give compensation of Rs 10 lakh to Cloud Nine resort, which was demolished during the eviction drive of previous CPM government. The HC also annulled the takeover of the land of two other resorts — Abad Group and Munnar Woods.
The court observed the government should have followed all legal procedures before pulling down the illegal buildings and that there was an “unnecessary haste”.
Former Chief Minister Achuthanandan said arguments in the cases were over eight months back, however, the bench issued the verdict after the announcement of the transfer of the Chief Justice to Calcutta High Court .
“It is mysterious on the part of the Chief Justice to make such a verdict even after he transfer was announced. The right to issue order that did not come in last eight months should have been left to the next Chief Justice. The Congress government and the resort owners had a tacit understanding on the case,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched