Delhi high court bench of acting Chief justice BD Ahmed and Siddharth mridul directed election commission of india to file a short affidavit indicating factual position behind the registration of AAP. Asked about the process followed while granting registration.
Plea had been filed in court seeking cancellation of registration for the party, alleging they were registered with an “illegal” symbol. EC said that under s.3 of the representation of the people act, party has to move a sanction application to central govt for using emblem (ashok chakra) in logo of aap as according to act it is violation and central govt sanction is requird.
The lawyer for the election commission on friday filed report in HC stating that EC sent a letter to AAP on march 22, 2013that they will not use emblem..
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The court will now hear the matter on may 2.