- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
HC directs EC to file affidavit Indicating position behind registration of AAP
Delhi high court bench of acting Chief justice BD Ahmed and Siddharth mridul directed election commission of india to file a short affidavit indicating factual position behind the registration of AAP. Asked about the process followed while granting registration.
Plea had been filed in court seeking cancellation of registration for the party, alleging they were registered with an “illegal” symbol. EC said that under s.3 of the representation of the people act, party has to move a sanction application to central govt for using emblem (ashok chakra) in logo of aap as according to act it is violation and central govt sanction is requird.
The lawyer for the election commission on friday filed report in HC stating that EC sent a letter to AAP on march 22, 2013that they will not use emblem..
The court will now hear the matter on may 2.