Delhi high court bench of acting Chief justice BD Ahmed and Siddharth mridul directed election commission of india to file a short affidavit indicating factual position behind the registration of AAP. Asked about the process followed while granting registration.
Plea had been filed in court seeking cancellation of registration for the party, alleging they were registered with an “illegal” symbol. EC said that under s.3 of the representation of the people act, party has to move a sanction application to central govt for using emblem (ashok chakra) in logo of aap as according to act it is violation and central govt sanction is requird.
The lawyer for the election commission on friday filed report in HC stating that EC sent a letter to AAP on march 22, 2013that they will not use emblem..
The court will now hear the matter on may 2.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More