The Gujarat High Court on Friday allowed yoga guru Ramdev’s Bharat Swambiman Trust to hold yoga camps in Vadodara and Ahmedabad with the condition that there would not be any canvassing for any political party.
“The petitioner Trust shall not campaign in favour of any political party,” said a division bench of Justices M R Shah and R P Dholeria.
The camps won’t have any hoardings or banners of a political party or leaders and political leaders won’t be allowed at the venue.
The Trust on Thursday moved the High Court against the Election Commission’s decision to cancel the permission granted for the yoga camps.
The Commission had said that there could be a violation of model code of conduct, after Congress complained Ramdev was openly canvassing support for BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and he might use the camps for the same purpose.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The HC also took an undertaking from the Trust that it would abide by the conditions.
The camps were scheduled for April 26 (Vadodara) and April 27 (Ahmedabad).