The Haryana government has ordered IAS officer S N Roy, who has been accused of sexual harassment and rape by a woman, to proceed on leave.
According to a communication sent by the Haryana government, Haryana Director General of Police Y P Singhal has referred a case of sexual harassment against the IAS officer to the Inspector General of Chandigarh Police.
The complaint was registered in Haryana, and a Special Investigation Team was also formed. The complainant had given a similar complaint to the Chandigarh Police in February this year.
- IAS officer’s daughter files complaint against ‘stalker’
- Woman employee alleges sexual harassment by manager
- Accused of rape, absconding IAS officer B B Mohanty surrenders in Jaipur
- HC directs IAS officer, petitioner in sexual harassment case to file replies by Sep 17
- Idiots are lined up at every step: Woman IAS officer on the harassment she faced
- Woman levels sexual harassment charges against Haryana IAS officer
Sector 19 SHO Inspector Maninder Singh said, “We had received a complaint against the IAS officer and a DDR entry was made. However, the woman contradicted her statements and eyewitnesses refused to record their statements. The other alleged eyewitnesses also did not corroborate her claims. So, no case was registered.”
The Haryana DGP said, “We had received a complaint in which the woman alleged that she had a relationship with the IAS officer for the last seven years and their meetings had taken place in Chandigarh and Panchkula. We got an inquiry conducted from an IG-rank woman officer during which the complainant requested the case to be transferred to Chandigarh Police.”
The case was transferred on Monday. IG of UT Police R P Upadhyay said that they were yet to receive the complaint from the Haryana DGP. However, the woman had given a complaint to him.
“We have also received a complaint from the IAS officer stating that the woman is trying to extort money from him. He claims to have evidence against her. All the complaints have been sent to the UT SSP, who has directed the Sector 19 SHO to investigate,” said the IG.