Haryana Chief Electoral Officer Shrikant Walgad on Tuesday reviewed the arrangements being made for smooth, transparent and peaceful conduct of Assembly polls in the state scheduled to be held in October.
He gave necessary instructions to Deputy Commissioners (DCs) who are also in charge of elections in their respective areas.
Walgad who interacted with all DCs via videoconferencing directed them to launch a special campaign in two phases to enable the voters to get their names included in Voters’ Lists.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
This campaigns will be held on June 21 and 22, and June 28 and 29. The final Voters’ List will be published on July 31, the CEO said.
Walgad directed them to prepare the district and Assembly segment level Systematic Voters Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) plans, and enlist details of officials who would be engaged for smooth conduct of the Assembly.
He also sought budget estimates for the elections.
Walgad, according to an official release, said that they should ensure presence of Booth Level Officers (BLO) at all polling booths so that those coming to the booths during the campaign do not face any difficulty.