“I am a medical professional who has embraced rationalism and I whole-heartedly support pedagogy that is scientific and culturally acceptable. Anything abrasive to common sensibilities and articulated as such by responsible persons should be discarded and replaced by consensually accepted learning processes,” the Health Minister, who is presently on an official visit to the United States, said.
He was reacting to a newspaper report which said that he had stated in his website that sex education in schools should be banned.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
Vardhan clarified that the view expressed on the website was entirely his own and made in the context of the UPA government’s 2007 decision to introduce the Adolescence Education Programme (AEP) in its original form.
Even the chief ministers of UPA-ruled states had objected to it and subsequently it was modified, he said in a press statement issued by Health Ministry.
As chief ministerial candidate of his party in the Delhi 2013 election, Vardhan said, he had full right to make his agenda for education transparent, among other subjects of governance.
Value-based school learning processes are common in all countries and he had intentioned implementing such a format in Delhi’s schools, he said.