Unidentified gunmen opened fire at the house of a journalist, who was allegedly beaten up by the personnel of India Reserve Battalion recently, in Imphal West district of Manipur, police said today. Some people came in a car and opened fire at the house of Paojel Chaoba alias Aribam Dhananjoy Sharma late on Sunday night. Nobody was injured in the attack, the police said.
It was not known who opened fire at the house of Chaoba. Chaoba was beaten up by a personnel of India Reserve
Battalion when he was returning home after duty on February 10. Chaoba is a senior reporter of popular English daily, Imphal Free Press.
Havildar of 1st IRB identified as Majibur Rahaman who was involved in the February 10 incident has been suspended and an enquiry ordered. Chaoba and All Manipur Working Journalists’ Union have lodged an FIR with the police. Various organisations including Indian Journalist Union and other Journalists bodies have condemned the incident.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen