The Centre has declined a request from Gujarat MPs for land in Delhi to construct another bhavan (guesthouse). Several MPs from the state had requested for another plot of land in Delhi, saying there is paucity of suites in the present bhavan located in Chanakyapuri.
But the Ministry of Urban Development, which allots land in the Capital, informed the state that no land was available to build another guesthouse, and they had already been given additional land to build an annexe building. The state argued that several states such as Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu have more than one guesthouses in Delhi.
Uttarakhand, too, was recently allotted another land on Rouse Avenue in central Delhi.
In its letter, the state said that since there was only one main suite available in the guesthouse, it would be difficult to accommodate the governor, the chief minister and the Chief Justice of the Gujarat High Court in case all of them visit the Capital at the same time.
“The argument the state government put forth was that one suite meant that either of the two guests — the CM or the governor — stays at the guesthouse and the other person moves into a five star hotel. They also said the five star hotel stay was an added burden as it involved the accommodation of the support staff,” said a senior ministry official.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
But the proposal was declined by Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath citing paucity of land.
Sources said at least 14 MPs had written to the ministry. The state was allotted a 1418.166 sq metres of land at Kautilya Marg in Chanakyapuri in 1998, which has 81 guest rooms, including nine suites, 68 double bedrooms, and 4 single bedrooms.
“They were provided another piece of land where they have constructed the annexe building. There are many states who only have one guesthouse in the city,” said a senior ministry official.