The Gujarat education department has decided to include a chapter on the life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the Social Science textbooks of its primary section (Classes 5-7), from the academic session starting from June 2015.
“The chapter would give an opportunity to know some of the motivating facets of the PM’s life,” said Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama. “Incidents from his life, from his childhood to present day, would be included… his struggle, bravery — as a child, he caught a crocodile — how he opted to be an ascetic in his youth, his Kailash Yatra, the years spent in the Himalayas, his years as a RSS pracharak… how he changed all the adversities into opportunities,” he said.
“There have been talks of adding such a chapter for some time now. These gained ground after Modi became the PM. Considering it to be an encouraging move with a sense of pride for the entire state, the proposal was mooted to the Education Minister,” said a senior official of the education department.
A team of subject experts and persons closely associated with Modi is reported to have been set up to decide the content.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More